Is cardio good or bad?
Well, as with all things in life, the devil’s in the dose. This especially holds true when we talk about the pro’s and con’s of cardiovascular training, or if we were to be more specific; the type, frequency, duration, and intensity of the exercise will determine the individual’s response.
So what should we know about how to manipulate these variables relative to our long-term health and body composition goals?
Today I bring back Dr. Dan Dodd, Ph.D. Exercise Physiologist and owner of DexaFit in central Illinois – a testing facility specifically looking at Body Composition Analysis using DXA scans, Metabolic Assessments, and Cardiovascular Testing.
In this illuminating conversation, we discuss the numerous applications of cardiovascular training, depending on the individual and their goals, including:
- Relationship between cardiovascular exercise for health and for fat loss – is there a difference?
- Different types of Cardio based on the intensity
- Ways to create a calorie deficit with nutrition vs. training volume AND metabolic adaptations
- Downsides of too much cardio
- Health Benefits of Cardiovascular exercise
- Stigmas of Cardio based on sex
- How to measure Aerobic fitness / cardiovascular function
If you’ve been wondering how to determine the right type and volume of cardiovascular exercise for you, then you’re going to want to tune in to this episode.
As always, if you love what you hear on this show, then do me a favor and subscribe, leave a positive rating and review and share this episode with a friend or loved one whom you think could benefit. AND, if you want to talk about working with me personally, I’d love to chat, just schedule your free nutrition strategy call over at http://www.bslnutrition.com/levelup